Skip to main content

I'm Sweet on The Salt House

"Much like the feeling after an amazing first date, you are left in complete awe and wanting more.  Well, that is the current state I'm in and I keep coming back. Whenever the opportunity arises to dine somewhere new, I find myself back here with no remorse.  The Salt House simply does not disappoint."

I'm Sweet on The Salt House

Some of you may have noticed that I have been absent for a couple of months, that I haven't posted to kept up with my Facebook page, Instagram or this blog for that matter.  I can assure you that there is a very, very good explanation, and it has everything to do with why I started this blog in the first place.

Since my first visit to The Salt House in New Hope, I haven't been able to shake the experience.  Yes, you read right, I said "first visit" and have been there two more times since, and I can honestly say that I am hooked.  Much like the feeling after an amazing first date, you are left in complete awe and wanting more.  Well, that is the current state I'm in and I keep coming back. Whenever the opportunity arises to dine somewhere new, I find myself back here with no remorse.  The Salt House simply does not disappoint.


Prime time on a Saturday night, the Salt House is packed, and for good reason!  This 1751 stone landmark has rich ambiance, history and decor, knowledgeable and friendly staff, and exquisite food that easily meets or even exceeds gastro pub status.  There is often a wait since the the amount of seating upstairs and downstairs is quite limited, but, trust me on this, it is well worth it.  As soon as you walk in, you are warmly welcomed by the staff, not to mention the heat of the fireplace that draws you in.  

If there is room at the bar, this is an option while waiting for a table, but by far my favorite "waiting" experience was the large dining table right in front of the fireplace.  This is ideally their large party table which seats about eight, but when several couples or small groups are waiting for a table, this large table becomes the waiting table.  The manager offered available seats here where we could get drinks and wait among other guests or we could even choose to enjoy our dinner right there among the others, which some couples casually chose to do.  Now, as awkward as this may seem, to have random strangers sit across from one another at a large dining room table, believe me when I say it wasn't at the least!  It was as though we were all guests there for the same wonderful Salt House experience, and the introductions and conversations flowed with ease.  As a table became available, we said goodbye to those we grew comfortable with, and as a new couple came to wait, we started a new conversation.
  
Now enough about the people and all those feels, let's talk FOOD!  Each dish was clearly well thought out, and whoever is behind these creations deserves a standing ovation.  So far, everything I have tried has honestly blown me away!  The unimaginable combinations of flavors are absolutely divine!  This is high caliber bar eats done right!

My first Salt House cherry was popped when I bit into the Goat Cheese and Raw Truffle Honey Baguette Crostini!  It is like a crispy, creamy and slightly sweet heavenly treat!  If you are not a goat cheese fan, this dish will make you second guess your stance on the matter.


The Marinated Portabella and Avocado Sandwich is unlike any other.  Something of this nature is my "go to" choice, but this particular portabella is unreal.   This has been my Salt House meal choice three times in a row, with the homemade fries and garlic aioli just as mouthwatering. 

A few other menu items I had the chance to try over my last few visits include the Lebanon Bologna and Cheese Sliders.   I was honestly hesitant about these since I don't care for bologna (or so I thought!), but these sliders were smokey, savory, and the spicy brown mustard on the side was just the right complimentary condiment.  On a different palatable note, the Caramelized Onion and Leek Tart with tomato and greens was so very flavorful and refreshing. 

If you regularly choose a cheeseburger for dinner, this one you just have to try! It will be the last new cheeseburger you ever try!  Their Cheeseburger namesake is juicy, plump and succulent - the flavor is quite impactful!  The grilled onions were the perfect topper to send you home completely satisfied!  

Lastly, the bread pudding is something you do NOT want to miss!  Served warm and topped with pecans and oozing butterscotch sauce, this hefty serving is easily shareable, though you might be reluctant to the next time around.  If I can't have dinner here every night, I will easily settle for this Salt House sweet to end my night. 

So, if you have not yet experienced The Salt House, please do give it a try.  It opened towards the end of last summer, but it has quickly become a local favorite.  At this point, my love for The Salt House still runs deep, and now that I've gotten it out in writing and passed on this wealth of knowledge to all of you, I finally have closure and can move on with my life, ready to venture out and try somewhere new. 




Photo credits: Suzana Soares





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pull of the Moon is Very Real!

Apparently, this Moon has such an incredible pull, that even the Sun was bending and stretching its rays beyond the buildings just to get a glimpse.  (Click image to read full story!) One of the more recognizable signs located in the heart of Lambertville is that of the Full Moon Cafe .  I've noticed it (no, been drawn to it) for years since I've been visiting the area, but I had never once made the time to try this place out.  Well, it certainly called to me this morning, and for a change, I decided that today was the day I'd stop in for breakfast.   I got to town a little early so I decided to walk the streets and the bridge first.  Unfortunately, that didn't last long because it hasn't been this cold out on NYE since 55 years ago.  After about 15 minutes out on foot, I couldn't feel my fingers and very badly needed a hot cup of coffee. The Full Moon Cafe opened at 9AM which coincided perfectly with the start of meter parking.  When I could only sc

Angel's Cards & Gifts is Heaven Sent

"My experience at Angel's has reinforced my love of all things New Hope/Lambertville, reminded me of the importance of shopping small and local, as well as realizing how important it is to stay focused on people and their stories that would otherwise go untold or overlooked." Not sure if you have noticed, but it has been difficult for me to head into town.  Since starting this new blogging venture, I've found that I don't go into New Hope as much as I'd like, not nearly enough to have a constant flow of experiences and content to write about.  In my defense, having the freezing temperatures and below negative feels we had in the first couple of weeks of the new year certainly didn't help (although there were some brave souls out there getting great shots of the Delaware that I really enjoyed from the comforts of my warm Ringoes home, but I digress). In an increased effort to come into New Hope and Lambertville, I went on the LNH App to search for p