Skip to main content

Buck's County Children's "Please Touch" Museum


The Buck's County Children's Museum in New Hope is the local version of Philly's Please Touch Museum - a treasure for local families with young children!  (Click image to read full story!)


As a new resident to the surrounding area, one of the first places I was dying to check out (for my kids' sake) was The Buck's County Children's Museum.   I had known about the Museum for years due to my frequenting the Triumph Brewery, but I hadn't ever taken the time to come into town with my kids for shenanigans suitable for them (who would have thought... going into New Hope for the children? Ha. ).  Well, since the children have sort of forced me to give my liver a break, I knew I finally had the opportunity to see what the Museum was all about.

At my first visit, without even stepping foot past the main lobby to give it a try or see what's its all about, I took a gamble and automatically purchased a membership.  I figured it might be worth it since we live so close and it will pay for itself after a couple visits (and hey, any reason to come into New Hope is a plus, really).  So, for around $90, I have unlimited visits to the Museum for a year for up to 4 people, PLUS a %10 discount to host a party there (which I am taking advantage of in about one month).  Ok, sounded good to me.   Once I was set up with a membership, we went in.

Now, I have to admit as a parent, I am rather neurotic about my children - how they interact with others, where they play and how clean the area is, staying within eye sight (or arms reach), etc.  Well, I can't tell you how incredibly PLEASANTLY surprised I was by this place!  Not only was EVERYTHING in the Museum is "please touch" style where kids have free reign to explore and learn in so many different areas of play, but it was very organized and simple and clean!  It was not so overwhelming to the point where I could lose one of them, yet there was so much for them to do!  Here is a quick list of the play areas that come to mind:

  • Various cars with movable tracks and ramps to test out
  • Archaeological digs with dress-up vests, brushes, and "fossils" in the sand to uncover
  • Dress-up and role playing:  Ice cream stand, post office, grocery store, train cart, ambulance with heart rate monitor,  doctor's office with x-rays and light box
  • Life size "Operation" game 
  • Surprisingly clean water table with boats/water toys, streams, gates, waterproof vests 
  • Wind tunnels with scarves and balls you can get to hover
  • Hot air balloon basket and flight simulator
  • Tree house and fort building station made out of recyclable materials
Every inch of the Museum has fun facts and learning opportunities that were like hidden messages among the play areas.  I thought the overall flow and construction of the Museum was very well done and thought out.  Certainly worth the membership! 

PLAN YOUR VISIT and GET A BONUS:   If you don't get a membership, the regular entry fee is $8 which isn't terrible, but check their calendar before you plan your visit!  They have many drop-in activities that are included with the entrance fee!  For example, we were there yesterday for the animal show presented by "Eyes of the Wild" where we got to see a tortoise, skunk, wallaby, and chinchilla!!  The presenter was phenomenal and the kids absolutely LOVED it!!  It was great and all included in the membership or entrance fee!  Kids got a show AND got their energy out all over the place!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pull of the Moon is Very Real!

Apparently, this Moon has such an incredible pull, that even the Sun was bending and stretching its rays beyond the buildings just to get a glimpse.  (Click image to read full story!) One of the more recognizable signs located in the heart of Lambertville is that of the Full Moon Cafe .  I've noticed it (no, been drawn to it) for years since I've been visiting the area, but I had never once made the time to try this place out.  Well, it certainly called to me this morning, and for a change, I decided that today was the day I'd stop in for breakfast.   I got to town a little early so I decided to walk the streets and the bridge first.  Unfortunately, that didn't last long because it hasn't been this cold out on NYE since 55 years ago.  After about 15 minutes out on foot, I couldn't feel my fingers and very badly needed a hot cup of coffee. The Full Moon Cafe opened at 9AM which coincided perfectly with the start of meter parking.  When I could only sc

I'm Sweet on The Salt House

"Much like the feeling after an amazing first date, you are left in complete awe and wanting more.  Well, that is the current state I'm in and I keep coming back. Whenever the opportunity arises to dine somewhere new, I find myself back here with no remorse.  The Salt House simply does not disappoint." I'm Sweet on The Salt House Some of you may have noticed that I have been absent for a couple of months, that I haven't posted to kept up with my Facebook page, Instagram or this blog for that matter.  I can assure you that there is a very, very good explanation, and it has everything to do with why I started this blog in the first place. Since my first visit to The Salt House in New Hope, I haven't been able to shake the experience.  Yes, you read right, I said "first visit" and have been there two more times since, and I can honestly say that I am hooked.  Much like the feeling after an amazing first date, you are left in complete awe and

Lambertville Station's Old World Wine Cellar

In a beautiful place such as this, it would be almost disrespectful to enjoy a glass without acknowledging the descriptive story of its tannins.  Loaded with high expectations from the recommendation of a friend, I decided to go to The Wine Cellar located at the iconic Lambertville Station.  I could have very well stayed home and enjoyed a glass as I usually do (on the couch and with a blanket and Chromebook on my lap), but my commitment to explore and report on my adventures remains strong.  Lambertville Station is sandwiched between the canal and the Delaware with unobstructed view of the bridge and river for miles and miles.  As soon as I crossed the threshold into the Lambertville Station, I was awestruck by its old world charm.  A casual welcome sign in the lobby pointed to The Wine Cellar as well as the tapas and oyster bars downstairs.  Descending down the steps to the open cellar, I was instantly drawn in by the lit fireplace and stone wall surround.  It was