Skip to main content

The Pull of the Moon is Very Real!



Apparently, this Moon has such an incredible pull, that even the Sun was bending and stretching its rays beyond the buildings just to get a glimpse.  (Click image to read full story!)



One of the more recognizable signs located in the heart of Lambertville is that of the Full Moon Cafe.  I've noticed it (no, been drawn to it) for years since I've been visiting the area, but I had never once made the time to try this place out.  Well, it certainly called to me this morning, and for a change, I decided that today was the day I'd stop in for breakfast.   I got to town a little early so I decided to walk the streets and the bridge first.  Unfortunately, that didn't last long because it hasn't been this cold out on NYE since 55 years ago.  After about 15 minutes out on foot, I couldn't feel my fingers and very badly needed a hot cup of coffee.

The Full Moon Cafe opened at 9AM which coincided perfectly with the start of meter parking.  When I could only scrounge up 3 quarters, I promptly paid my meter, earned 45 minutes, and by 9:02 I entered the Full Moon and sat in the back.  Yes, I ventured out alone, which is fine, but certainly eating out alone is strange sometimes.  It did give me the opportunity though to take in every detail of my surroundings from the neon lights, to the high ceilings, the snake's tongue that lined the front windows, to the simplistic art on the walls.  The overall atmosphere and decor was minimalist and clean and not at all over done.  I recall walking by at night a while back and looking through the window to the neon that they kept lit.  Very cool little spot they have here.

Does not stay empty for long!

I arrived just after 9 AM, and believe it or not, there were already a few tables sat when I walked in just minutes after their doors opened, and by 9:30, the Full Moon was at full capacity with guests waiting at the door!

Moving on to the food!   The breakfast menu was just right, with clearly thought out and unique plates, and not an overwhelming amount of options like most diners tend to have (although their website mentions a more extensive menu for Sunday).  As I skimmed through the menu, I realized that I didn't come prepared with the proper appetite, so I ordered my usual 2 eggs over medium, whole wheat toast, and even added a side of mild Italian sausage for good measure.  I didn't eat it all, in fact, the eggs and wheat toast were just what I needed, and then I packed up my sausage to-go because that was NOT to go to waste! 

I'm not known for taking food pictures, but I guess it comes with the territory.

For my future visits, I already have my eye on the San Fran Bene[dict], Green Eggs and Ham Omelette, and Crab Breakfast Burrito -- and that's not even going into the lunch menu (I'll save that for another day)!


(Keep reading... this is where it gets REALLY interesting!!)

The Full Moon Cafe is open for breakfast and lunch everyday (except Tuesdays), and if you read their street sign carefully, yes, they serve dinner every Full Moon!  Special dinner menus are created for these evenings based on what is available and in season at the time.  HINT: Reservations are recommended, and IF YOUR BIRTHDAY FALLS ON A FULL MOON, your dinner is FREE!  I'm not lying, go see for yourself!  Check out their website and Facebook for Full Moon dates for 2018!    UNFORTUNATELY, I miss my free full moon birthday dinner by ONE day, but maybe you'll be in luck!

Cheers to the New Year everyone!  Please SHARE this post to see if any of your friends might qualify for a FREE DINNER at the FULL MOON for their FULL MOON BIRTHDAY!

Comments

  1. I’ve been there once for a full moon dinner and the food was very unique and so amazingly delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lambertville Station's Old World Wine Cellar

In a beautiful place such as this, it would be almost disrespectful to enjoy a glass without acknowledging the descriptive story of its tannins.  Loaded with high expectations from the recommendation of a friend, I decided to go to The Wine Cellar located at the iconic Lambertville Station.  I could have very well stayed home and enjoyed a glass as I usually do (on the couch and with a blanket and Chromebook on my lap), but my commitment to explore and report on my adventures remains strong.  Lambertville Station is sandwiched between the canal and the Delaware with unobstructed view of the bridge and river for miles and miles.  As soon as I crossed the threshold into the Lambertville Station, I was awestruck by its old world charm.  A casual welcome sign in the lobby pointed to The Wine Cellar as well as the tapas and oyster bars downstairs.  Descending down the steps to the open cellar, I was instantly drawn in by the lit fireplace and stone wall surround.  It was

I'm Sweet on The Salt House

"Much like the feeling after an amazing first date, you are left in complete awe and wanting more.  Well, that is the current state I'm in and I keep coming back. Whenever the opportunity arises to dine somewhere new, I find myself back here with no remorse.  The Salt House simply does not disappoint." I'm Sweet on The Salt House Some of you may have noticed that I have been absent for a couple of months, that I haven't posted to kept up with my Facebook page, Instagram or this blog for that matter.  I can assure you that there is a very, very good explanation, and it has everything to do with why I started this blog in the first place. Since my first visit to The Salt House in New Hope, I haven't been able to shake the experience.  Yes, you read right, I said "first visit" and have been there two more times since, and I can honestly say that I am hooked.  Much like the feeling after an amazing first date, you are left in complete awe and